Friday, March 7, 2008

Badshahi Boarding and Lodging

Badhshahi, this amazing place is on Tilak Road, next to Tilak Smarak Mandir in Pune.
Ah! What can I say abt this place!!
I am a fan since long, ever since one of my friends introduced me to it.
Its a kind of mess, theres also a lodge above it, the food there is typical Maharashtrain vegetarian food. It is very hygienic, very healthy, I am sure it will actually cleanse your body of all the masalas and tikkas you have been eating.

The thali is a combination of limited and unlimited stuff, it costs 35 rs, consists of 4 chapatis, 1 "mud" bhat (means 1 round shaped ball of rice), 1 dry bhaji, 1 wet bhaji, 1 koshimbir,pickle etc and amti/varan or sometimes you have this heavenly tomato saar, I havent tasted anything like it anywhere else...
Somedays, you have a thali of 50 Rs, with everything unlimited, and also some sweet.

There are some rules here though, mentioned clearly outside on a board :-) (Translating them here..)
1. Pls check which bhaji is available today beforehand, and do not take it, if you dont like it, you are not allowed to waste anything later.
They actually scold you if you leave something, I personally experienced it :-( , the first time I ate there, I was a bit slow, one of the servers said to me "Kha na lavkar",(eat fast), I immediately gobbled up and finished everything :-)

2. Switch off your mobiles while eating!!! (You actually receive stares from the servers if you happen to alk on your phone while eating!)

The food is just great, I crave it for almost all the time :-)

No comments: