Thursday, March 6, 2014

Baby book

Creating baby books is fun, its a lovely memory for the child, and it gives the tired parents a creative channel to vent out their parenting blues.

Many people i know feel too lazy to do this, thinking it takes a lot of effort.
But with a little planning making this baby book can be really easy...

When you take photographs of your baby and upload them to your computer, make sure to create a folder for each month and upload the photos accordingly.
This way, you have all the photos ready in chronological order.

The baby  book can be updated at the end of the year with all the photos per month, selecting one best photo of each month.
You get lovely ready made baby books in most shops, i bought mine from Reliance Timeout (the one near me has closed down now), but Landmark and Crossword have very good options.
(Or you could get a blank book and do a scrapbook)
I didn't want to put too many photos in the baby book, i put a limited set of photos there relevant to the format of the book.

I prepared a separate baby album, for that I selected the best photos of the entire year, from her birth to her 1st birthday and put them in a separate folder.
I wanted to get them printed, in photo shops like fotofast they charge Rs.10 per photo to print.
I checked online and found a good deal on snapfish.com, I printed almost 250 photos for Rs.4 each. I uploaded all the photos to the site and placed my print order. They charged me courier fees Rs.200, but i got all my photos home delivered :-)
Next was an album to keep these, I looked for albums in many shops, didn't find anything suitable.
Finally bought a cute pink mini mouse album from landmark at MG road, and arranged all the photos there in chronological order.

Go ahead and do it for your baby, its one thing they will love to see when they grow up :-)



No comments: