Friday, February 15, 2008

Delhi





I had been to Delhi last week, a very short trip for a friend's wedding.
The trip took a toll on my sleep (punjabi wedding, didnt sleep whole night :-)) , so have been trying to makeup since the past 2 days, but my bai (punctual that she is :-() manages to wake me early anyway.
Delhi, looks a lot different from Bombay, also the people look different. Dont ask me why do they look different, I dont know, they just do. I think it is the sweaters and jackets that they wear?? (In Bombay we are not used to them :-))
Took a quick peek at Gurgaon, had heard a lot about it, the malls and the IT companies etc, but it failed to impress me. I visited the Metropolitan Mall, ppl told me you dont find such big malls elsewhere, but really, I didnt find it that impressive! The Haldirams restaurant there serves different types of chats, I had papdi chat, again, I felt I have had better chats elsewhere.
What impressed me was the history of the city, its tremendous! So many historical monuments, I could just imagine how stately, how royal all those places must have been.
I visited the Qutub Minar, and was genuinely surprised, its so well maintained, I actually loved the monuments and the delicate carving on them.

No comments: