Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"pachodi"

I feel like having pachodi :-(
Its been my fav snack since long!
Pachodi is basically a snack made with "kurmura" or "murmura" depending on what part of India you belong to. Kurmura is mixed with coconut oil(I know many ppl will wrinkle their noses now, but believe me, coconut oil is an acquired taste, and once you taste pachodi, you will defintiely acquire it :-)), some pickle , chopped onion, cilantro and if its in season, chopped raw mango..aha..Just writing abt it makes me salivate...

My memories of pachodi are those associated with my study leaves, during engg, i would study like crazy during the day and would take a break in the evening only to eat pachodi, made by my mom. (my mom soemtimes used to make paper cones and serve pachodi in that, bhelwala style)

Gone are those days, when I was pampered all the time and would have things ready for me :-) .

No comments: